Middle of the week is perfect time to take a breather with pictures. Clearly my family was not alone in our love of books, as these pictures show imagination extends to fantasizing: If only I could dress myself in words…
Last summer, I featured a dress from a Dallas homeshow that had been formed from the crimped pages of books (link to my summer reading list article, here). At the time, it was one of the most-favorited pictures fluttering around the internet. How better to combine a girl’s two loves — words & fashion — than in a dress assembled of the two? Surely, this dress was unique. And yet… no. As these pictures show, our love of books has inspired more than one designer.
* * *
Perhaps my favorite, is this dress, made by artist Peter Clark for the Holland Paper Biennial in 2010. Is it not the perfect uniform for reading?
* * * * *
For more from my series Living with Books:
- Living with Books (series premiere)
- Living with Books 02: Dreamt Into Our Travels, Too
- Living with Books 03: Books as Portal into Another World (or Just the Next Room)
- Living with Books 04: Books & Fashion
* * * * *
If you like this blog, be sure to subscribe using WordPress’s follow option, or via email or RSS feed. I love to connect with like minded bloggers!
- October Fiction Challenge 5: Where & How Do You Write? – Part 1
- Writing Character: Challenge of Writing the Character Most Like Yourself – Part 1
- Living With Books 06: Books Are Spooky, Too